Staff have been ordered to take down decorations and to remove any other signs of the Christian festival because they could offend Moslems.
The charity's politically-correct move triggered an avalanche of criticism and mockery last night - from Christians and Moslems.
Christine Banks, a volunteer at a Red Cross shop in New Romney, Kent, said: 'We put up a nativity scene in the window and were told to take it out. It seems we can't have anything that means Christmas. We're allowed to have some tinsel but that's it. More...
- Why I won't help Haiti through the Red Cross; I remember Katrina...
- Dog in London banned from buses because of ... religion???
- No "Merry Christmas" at Philippines' international airport !!!
- Desmond Tutu tells the nativity story!!!
- Santa Claus banned from children's asylum ... for security reasons!!!