Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Your iPhone may not be your friend, could betray you...

I love my iPhone but I always look at it with deep suspicion. It probably knows more about me and my secrets than my puffy pillows. It could even betray me.

Blame it on Steve Jobs but I assume I'm not alone. Most of us have fallen prey to the modern digital world to the point of no return – as we take for granted the increasing number of things we can do with our smartphones, we expose ourselves to bottomless risk, knowingly, unknowingly or simply without regard. The amount of information that is contained in the average smartphone can include bank details and other personal data that would be highly profitable to the wrong person who might pick up your phone where you forgot it.

 The fact is that they may not even need physical possession of your phone. Consider the extent of what a smartphone can do, based on a true story of what actually happened at several McDonald's restaurants in Australia between 2010 and 2011. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Cell-phones are the new bat signals...
  2. Big Brother cell phones and the Carrier IQ conspiracy...
  3. You're smartphone isn't smart, it's a sneak...
  4. Is the mobile phone the new Big Brother?
  5. Microsoft 'intentionally designed software for phones to track customers...
  6. Yahoo condemned over plans to snoop on emails on behalf of advertisers...
  7. Like the iPhone, Android phones record user-locations too...
  8. Researchers display evidence that iPhone 4 records all your travels...
  9. Another iPhone in Singapore explodes while charging...

No comments:

Post a Comment