Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The countries I wouldn't want to live in ...

I am back home in Mexico after nearly three weeks in Argentina and very happy to be here. Home is where your heart is and for me that is right here in Southern Mexico. I'm a believer that there is a "right" place for everyone in the world... and it just so happens that rarely are you lucky enough to be born in that place so it is well worth taking the time to look for it.

My search took my whole life and a devoted five year trip that encompassed 100 countries. In the end there were two outright winners, Thailand and Mexico. Although there were many other places that I'd also have absolutely no problem living for at least a few years, including Malaysia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Brazil, Paraguay and Japan just to name a few. In actuality, there are not many places I outright dislike and would not want to live. These include Canada, the US, the UK, Australia, Bolivia, El Salvador and Russia.

But the point is, if you haven't found your place yet you should keep looking. I had one friend from Vancouver who would regularly visit New York. In Vancouver nothing ever seemed to go right for him but every single time he visited NYC it was like all the doors opened for him, beautiful girls came to him, opportunities fell in his lap. I told him, "you've found your place". You know it because everything seems to flow with the greatest of ease. This is how it is for me in Mexico... I am so in tune with the vibe here that anything I want or need comes to me. In places where you are out of tune with your surroundings the things you want and need are repelled by you. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. The Chinese are learning French ... to get out of China!!!
  2. Australians "stampede" towards Singapore...
  3. Why I love living in Singapore...
  4. There are now more Americans in jail than in Stalin's Gulag Archipelago...
  5. Young Europeans flock to Argentina for job opportunities...
  6. Mexico and Pakistan most dangerous countries for journalists...

No comments:

Post a Comment