Before I begin, let me state that I love my curries and, yes, they are pungent, often overpoweringly so.
Curries are essential to my identity as a Singaporean.
Growing up, my mother’s chicken curry was a highly anticipated meal. It was my mother who taught me how to cook a proper curry before I left for university.
When I moved out with my best friend, a curry was often whipped up in honor of an overseas guest.
Today, as we juggle our busy schedules, a meal at Samy’s Curry is usually the default choice between buddies.
And, yes, in all instances, L'Eau de Curry was a point of contention but the complaints stopped once the eating started. More...
- Singapore's 'anti-Chinese curry war'
- Don McLean singing about Vincent...
- Singapore tightens rules for hiring foreigners...
- Nearly one million China nationals living in Singapore?
- Pakistani brothers 'dug up corpse and made it into curry'
- Taliban released Indian cyclist after he cooked them curry!!!
- Girl hypnotised into liking curry!!!
- Google and blogger sued by fish head curry restaurant...
- Australians protest with 'vindaloo against violence' in solidarity with Indians..