A Finnish pair have won the country's annual wife-carrying competition for the third year in a row.
Taisto Miettinen and Kristiina Haapanen defended their title in front of 6,500 spectators who turned out to watch the celebrated event in Sonkajarvi.
The 46-year-old lawyer, his partner's legs wrapped around his head, sprinted 253 metres, leaping hurdles and negotiating a water pool along the way, all in a time of one minute.
Less than a second behind them were Estonian rivals Alar Voogla and Kristi Viltrop, while a Lithuanian couple came third.
The competition has its roots in the legend of local bandit Herkko Rosvo-Ronkainen who lived in the forest at the end of the 19th century and stole food - and sometimes girls - from nearby villages. More...
- Denmark's Roskilde Festival naked run 2010!!!
- Taiwanese woman catches 4 million mosquitoes in just one month!!!
- In Estonia there's a competition for ... catching mosquitoes!!!
- The Bangladesh farmer who killed 83,000 rats...
- A man in India has written his lost love's name on postcards 1.4 million times!!!
- In Finland, they have competitions for boot throwing, wife carrying, mosquito slapping...