A NEW Zealand mathematician who predicted the deadly Christchurch quake has terrified Kiwis with news another will strike the city in two weeks.
Popular long-range weather forecaster Ken Ring is warning that a second jolt will hit the already-devastated South Island city on March 20.
Mr Ring, who lives in Auckland, uses the moon, sun and tidal activity for the basis of his theories, which have been dismissed by scientists.
His warning is clear.
"If I lived in Christchurch, I'd get out for a few days over that time, go camping, visit friends, just get out and keep safe," he said.
"And if you don't live there, stay away." More...
- Just 1 minute after the Christchurch earthquake...
- Fed up with wrong predictions, village man sets up own weather service!!!
- Italian seismologists to be prosecuted for not predicting earthquake!!!
- Swiss accused of causing earthquakes cleared by court...
- Earthquakes caused by ... extramarital sex???!!!
- Earthquake warning for California in September!!!