Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Dalit in India tonsured, beated and paraded ... for dialling wrong number!!!

A Dalit youth was beaten, tonsured and paraded through the streets in a Haryana village — for dialling a wrong number. Narrating his ordeal to the police on Wednesday, Suresh, a resident of Dani Ramjas in Bhiwani district, said, ‘‘I was trying the telephone number of one of my acquaintances on Monday when I inadvertently dialled the number of Dharam Singh (another villager). The moment I realized my mistake, I apologized immediately and disconnected the phone.’’

The apology, however, did not help. ‘‘On Tuesday, Dharam and his friends, numbering six, humiliated me publicly when I was on my way to Siwani town. They tonsured me after lifting and carrying me away bodily. That done, they tied me to a motorcycle and paraded me through the streets, thrashing me intermittently,’’ Suresh said. 

Not stopping at that, his tormentors threatened him with dire consequences if he reported the matter to police, he said. The police are yet to register a case though the Dalits have demanded action against the perpetrators.

Source

Don't miss:

  1. Dalits beaten up in India for listening to songs!!!
  2. Dalit in India beaten to death for stealing vegetables...
  3. If you're a Dalit in India and resist rape, you may get burned to death.
  4. India's brutal and murderous caste system...
  5. Thief in Pakistan gets eyebrows shaved off!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment