Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Gaza: 'Why are they doing this to us?'

Today I walked for half an hour to find bread, and then I queued for five hours. All I could buy was enough for one day. My children didn't want me to go - they were worried I would die. They are scared. Whenever they hear any sudden sound they think it's a bomb. They don't sleep, and as a result I don't sleep. 

Sometimes they don't want to eat. I say don't worry, the bombing is far away, but they know it's a big lie because the house shakes. They haven't been outside in 10 days and now they're fighting each other. 

My children ask me, if they are killed what will happen to them. I say, "Don't worry, nothing will happen to you." They ask me: "Why are the Israelis doing this to us?" My child in fifth grade asks me: "What did we do to them?" I tell them that they want to take our land and they want all Palestinians to die. They ask me: "Why is the world watching without doing anything?" I don't have any answers for them. More...

See also:

  1. Gaza: If you can tolerate this, we are doomed...
  2. Gaza: here are some of the terrorists killed by Israel...
  3. Gaza attacks: Five sisters killed in their sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment