Tuesday, April 11, 2017

'My Airbnb flat was turned into a pop-up brothel'

I feel like I've been conned. I feel like I've been deceived and forced into doing something that I wouldn't ordinarily have done.

I lived here for six years, then I moved away, so I'm letting it out.

You could get four people in here, so [£85 per night] is pretty good compared to a hotel rate.

They made a booking through the Airbnb website. They messaged and said that they wanted to pay cash, which I was a little bit suspicious of, and I refused that.

It's not only against the rules, but also if anything goes wrong then it's a booking that's outside of the website and not covered by any of the guarantees. You might as well just get someone in off the street.

So when they checked in I was a little bit suspicious, but I thought little else of it. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. "One word says it all. Asian"
  2. 'I wouldn't rent to you if you were the last person on Earth'
  3. How AirBnB is risky for everyone involved...
  4. Why Airbnb is not worth it anymore...
  5. Newlywed couple comes home to cocaine-fueled orgy on...

No comments:

Post a Comment