Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Aamir Khan: To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point.

First let me state categorically that neither I, nor my wife Kiran, have any intention of leaving the country. We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying.

Secondly, I stand by everything that I have said in my interview.

To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone's permission nor endorsement for that.

 To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Arundhati Roy returns her national award...
  2. Top Indian artists and scientists return awards in protest at alleged ‘climate
  3. PM Narendra Modi's silence emboldening 'thuggish violence,' says Salman...
  4. 41 writers return Indian award, cite climate of intolerance...
  5. Sacred cows undermine Modi’s image of India...
  6. How India's writers are fighting intolerance...

No comments:

Post a Comment