Sunday, May 17, 2015

Indian bride takes toilet as a wedding gift, will not defecate in the open!!!

A toilet stole the show at a traditional Maharashtrian marriage here.

The prefabricated toilet with a water closet, a wash-basin and mirror standing around one foot above the ground, was the considerate wedding gift on Friday evening from the bride's parents since the bridegroom's family did not have one in their home.

A few weeks ago, when Akola resident Chaitali D Galakhe's marriage was fixed with Devendra Makhode of Yavatmal, she was alarmed to discover that her in-laws' home lacked a toilet and the family went in the open to attend their nature's call.

"At the time of finalising the marriage, I had no idea, but later I found that my in-laws home had no toilet. I discussed the issue with my parents and sisters in detail," Chaitali told mediapersons after her unique wedding present was unveiled before the invitees on Friday evening.

 The farmer's daughter, used to a proper toilet at her home, made a one-point demand to her family: "I am not interested in a television, refrigerator or a washing machine or gold jewellery as a wedding gift... I only want a ready-made toilet which I can carry to my in-laws home." Full story...

Related posts:
  1. India's massive toilet problem...
  2. India brides leave husbands' homes for lack of toilets...
  3. Man in India building toilet to save marriage!!!
  4. Photo pose with toilet to get married in India!!!
  5. Indian government launches 'no lavatory, no bride' campaign...
  6. Woman in India leaves husband because house had no toilet...
  7. "No toilet, no bride" Indians fight for better hygiene...

No comments:

Post a Comment