Friday, June 20, 2014

Iranian child bride faces execution for killing the man she was forced to marry...

Razieh Ebrahimi was forced to marry at the age of 14, became a mother at 15, and killed her husband at 17. Now at 21, she is on Iran’s death row.

Ebrahimi, who shot dead her hubsand while he was sleeping, faces imminent execution, despite international laws prohibiting execution for crimes committed by juveniles.

Human Rights Watch, has urged Iran’s judiciary to halt the execution. Earlier this week, Ebrahimi’s lawyer also asked judges to consider a retrial, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported.

“I married our neighbour’s son when I was only 14 because my dad insisted,” Ebrahimi was quoted as telling officials working on her case, according to Mehr. “My dad insisted I should marry him because he was educated and was working as a teacher. I was 15 when I gave birth to my child.” Her child is believed to be now six years old.

“I didn’t know who I am or what is life all about,” she said soon after being arrested. “My husband mistreated me. He used any excuse to insult me, even attacking me physically.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Teenage Syrian girls are being sold into forced marriages to save their families...
  2. Saudis sexually exploit teenage Syrian girls...
  3. Nigerian child bride forced into marriage poisons meal, kills groom and 3 others...
  4. Child marriage sets girls up for a lifetime of abuse...
  5. Yemeni child Nada who fled forced marriage and Egyptian cleric...

No comments:

Post a Comment