Saturday, August 31, 2013

Police storm German homeschooling family’s house, seize children...

At 8:00 a.m. on Thursday, a team of 20 social workers, police officers, and special agents stormed a homeschooling family’s residence near Darmstadt, Germany, forcibly removing all four of the family’s children (ages 7–14).

The sole grounds for removal were that the parents, Dirk and Petra Wunderlich, continued to homeschool their children in defiance of a German ban on home education.

As the family quietly began their homeschool day, they were interrupted by a ring at the door. Dirk Wunderlich described the frightening turn of events.

“I looked through a window and saw many people, police, and special agents, all armed,” he said. “They told me they wanted to come in to speak with me. I tried to ask questions, but within seconds, three police officers brought a battering ram and were about to break the door in, so I opened it.

 “The police shoved me into a chair and wouldn’t let me even make a phone call at first. It was chaotic as they told me they had an order to take the children. At my slightest movement the agents would grab me as if I were a terrorist,” he said. “You would never expect anything like this to happen in our calm, peaceful village. It was like a scene out of a science fiction movie. Our neighbors and children have been traumatized by this invasion.” Full story...

Related posts:
  1. US denies German homeschoolers asylum...
  2. The family sending all ten of their home-schooled children to college by...
  3. Home-schooling growing seven times faster than public school enrollment...
  4. 'Unschooling': Home learning the future of US education?
  5. Why more US black families are turning to home schooling...
  6. Education is killing children's creativity...
  7. Thousands of parents in Australia illegally home schooling their children...
  8. Six reasons to homeschool your children...

No comments:

Post a Comment