Monday, May 27, 2013

Netizen outrage after Chinese tourist defaces Egyptian temple...

Parents of a 15-year-old Chinese tourist have apologized after the teenager defaced a stone sculpture in an ancient Egyptian temple with graffiti.

The act drew ire in both Egypt and China -- generating a massive online backlash amongst China's unforgiving netizens.

The vandal carved 'Ding Jinhao was here' in Chinese in the 3,500 year old Luxor Temple.

This was photographed by an embarrassed Chinese traveler and shared on weibo, China's micro-blogging site on May 24.

"The saddest moment in Egypt. I'm so embarrassed that I want to hide myself. I said to the Egyptian tour guide,'I'm really sorry,'" that traveler wrote on the original weibo post. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Chinese tourists’ bad manners harming country’s reputation...
  2. 'I love Paris' may soon be passe for Chinese tourists...
  3. Chinese netizens storm State's direct line with complaints...
  4. Egyptian tourism down, so man cuts off his penis!!!
  5. Why Saudi Arabia hates tourists...
  6. Is tourism the most destructive enterprise?

No comments:

Post a Comment