Monday, February 11, 2013

The Burmese brides trafficked into China to marry total strangers...

When she was 17, she was trafficked against her will from her home near Yangon to China where she was forced to marry a man she’d never met.

‘I was very unhappy. I tried to run away three times. But the Chinese police arrested me and sent me back to my husband. Very often, I was beaten by my husband. I have a scar,’ she says, lifting her chin to show me. ‘I cried a lot. I wanted to go home.’

Su (not her real name), now 22, is one of hundreds of women trafficked from Burma across the border into China where they are forced into illegal marriages and to have children.

A recent report from the Burmese government said 80 per cent of human traffic cases in Burma over the last five years involved women being smuggled to China for forced marriage.

Women are trafficked across other borders too, to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Burmese women forced into marriage with China's wifeless men...
  2. Marriage agencies in China promise "free virgin replacements"  
  3. Abducted Vietnamese women sold as brides in China... 
  4. China to face shortage of marriageable women by 2020...
  5. More Chinese men going for black wives?
  6. 24 million Chinese men face wifeless future! Where are the girls?
  7. Welcome to the Roma "bride market" in Bulgaria... 
  8. US$60,000 for a beautiful North Korean bride...

No comments:

Post a Comment