Saturday, July 02, 2011

The 'rituals' of the Greek riots...

Within two hours of arriving in Athens, I was in the midst of the riot.

I was coughing and spluttering, my eyes in agony as another cloud of tear gas blew over me.

I blamed the taxi driver.

He had dropped me on the wrong side of Syntagma, the central square and the focus of the protests here.

He insisted that, with so many roads closed, the shortest way to my hotel would be to walk.

Well it might have been the shortest way, but it certainly was not the quickest. More...

Don't miss:
  1. What is happening in Athens is a farce... 
  2. Athens: riots, tear gas and explosions... 
  3. Angry Greeks stage biggest anti-austerity protest...
  4. Greek protestors vs riot police in Athens...
  5. Greece is standing up to EU neocolonialism... 
  6. The Greeks are the victims of a carefully engineered extortion racket...  

No comments:

Post a Comment