At New Delhi’s Parliament Street, dozens of paintings hang on fence along the footpath.
One of them shows a girl sweeping the floor, washing dishes and serving her brother as he studies.
The slogan on another reads “Girls are the nation’s soul don’t kill them”.
A group of men and women dressed in black are stand nearby, singing:
“If you are alive believe in the victory of life, if there are heavens somewhere bring them down to the earth, you are alive.”
They are students and social activists marching for India’s vanishing baby girls. Full story...
- Genocide: India's missing daughters...
- Female Supreme Court judge in India lists daughters as ‘liabilities’
- A son is born, so father in India dumps his daughters!!!
- India: You want my vote? Get me a bride!!!
- Man in Pakistan chops off wife's hands for giving birth to fourth daughter.
- 'Gendercide' in Asia: daughters are not welcome...
- 24 million Chinese men face wifeless future! Where are the girls?