Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Girls in the Cameroon get their breasts ironed to make them less attractive...

(...)

One afternoon, however, I saw something impossible to ignore. Unaware that one side of her tank top had slid off her tiny shoulder, a young girl standing in the crowd next to my car clutched a bottle of nuts under one arm and waved to me with the other, revealing a long, wide scar where a small nipple or budding breast should have been.

My eyes darted from the girl's missing breast to her big brown eyes and back to her chest. She disappeared in the distance as I drove away. The encounter revealed to me that a Cameroonian tradition I had heard vague whispers about might actually exist: breast ironing, in which women flatten adolescent girls' developing breasts, intending to protect the girls from the dangers of sex, consensual or otherwise. Full story...

Watch the video here... 

Don't miss: 
  1. Labiaplasty, deforming the vagina... (Graphic) 
  2. I am black and I love my hair... 
  3. I hate being black...
  4. Donna Jones, Britain's biggest boobs: My life is hell... 

No comments:

Post a Comment