Saturday, October 23, 2010

What would Americans think of the French pension strikes?

I am going through a little bit of culture shock.

For the last three years I have been based in the US. And the only protests I have covered, the only ones vocal enough to have been worth reporting on, have been angry mobs demanding the government stop spending and get out of their lives.

Now, just one week into my new role as Europe correspondent, I am faced with angry mobs demanding the exact opposite - an end to government cut backs and a promise that the state will continue to provide for them. More...

Don't miss:
  1. The French pension strikes in photos...
  2. The French that protest protesting...
  3. The French love going on vacation...
  4. The world's hardest working countries. Insane!! 
  5. The most admired country in the world is ... the USA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment