Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Devadasi, the temple slave prostitutes of India...

I first went to India after I left The Independent three years ago. I wanted to run away and do something really different, so I went to volunteer with a charity in southern India which rescues victims of sex trafficking.

On my very first day there I stumbled into a meeting of Devadasi prostitutes. I was told that they were temple prostitutes, but didn’t have any understanding of what that meant. More...



Don't miss:
  1. Hindu "guru, holy man" abused 10-year-old girl...
  2. Nithyananda implicated in serious video sex scandal...
  3. Exposing India's fake god-men and gurus...
  4. Transgender/Eunuch festival in India...
  5. Orphans used in child sex racket in Mahabalipuram...
  6. Genocide: India's missing daughters...
  7. The tragic lives of India's 40 million widows...
  8. Hindu priest in Tamil Nadu had sex escapades in the temple's sanctum sanctorum !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment