FACEBOOK management failed repeatedly to reveal the activity of an international child pornography syndicate operating on their site and ignored continuing admissions by one of the ring's Australian members.
The failure by the social networking site was uncovered during a federal police-led international investigation of the syndicate, which had been using fake online identities.
''We are aware that Facebook knew of the existence of these pages and even went so far as to remove the profiles,'' said the director of the AFP High Tech Crime Centre, Neil Gaughan. More...
- Facebook dresses down doll's breast pictures!!!
- Why did Facebook remove "Boycott BP" fan page?
- Mother posed as teen daughter to trap online paedophile...
- Child abuse 'big business online'
- Facebook vigilante posts 6,000 photos of convicted paedophiles...
Post a Comment