The protests, which some observers say signals a new sexualisation of French teenage life, began at Lycée Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire in Essonne, south of Paris, where teenagers protested by coming into school for two days running in skimpy clothes. At Lycée Condorcet d'Arcachon in Gironde, 200 students recently took to the town to protest against a new dress code, which stated that students could not wear low-slung trousers, short garments or piercings. "We're at school, we don't want to feel like we are in a prison," one student said.
The protest in Essonne was in retaliation to the rules imposed by a new headteacher, who banned holes in trousers and in garments above the knee. More...
- Brazilian student expelled for wearing mini-skirt...
- France to ban women wearing the burka in public?
- Women in Paris banned from wearing ... trousers???
- What is that special something that French women have?
- French actresses in the flesh! Delicious!
- Make the girl dance! Baby,baby,baby! Ah les françaises...
- Mini-skirts an eyesore in Korean offices!!!