An Indian woman successfully divorced her husband after he refused to allow her to watch soap operas, according to a report.
Mubai's Daily News and Analysis newspaper said the husband's ban had led to daily arguments between the couple from Pune, in the south-east of India's financial capital. Eventually, the wife decided the situation was unbearable and she filed for divorce.
Television soap operas, with their high melodrama, dramatic close-ups and music, have a huge following in India, particularly among housewives or women who work as domestic help. More...
- Impotent husband allows father to rape wife to beget child!!!
- Woman in India, "cheated into marrying an impotent man,"
- Jilted lesbian in India sues lover over sex-change marriage...
- Baby-sitter in India rented out baby to beggars!!!
- Trading slaps and punches in Indian reality show!
- The moment of truth for Indian reality TV...