Large crowds of visitors have been thronging to the village curious to find out why Mawlynnong has earned the reputation for being arguably the cleanest and best educated in India - all its residents can read and write and each house has a toilet.
That is no mean achievement in a country that is still struggling to educate its population and address basic water and sanitation issues.
About 90km (55 miles) from the state capital Shillong and barely 4km (2.4 miles) from the Bangladeshi border, Mawlynnong is much loved by its inhabitants who work hard to keep it clean. More...
- Agra railway station platform in India is also a toilet!!!
- "No toilet, no bride" Indians fight for better hygiene...
- In India you get paid for pissing in a public toilet!!!
- How to use a toilet in India!!!
- Costa Rica is world's happiest and greenest country...
- Bangladesh airline flight delayed for 10 hours ... because of jammed toilets!!!
Post a Comment