A 15-year-old Dalit girl was burnt to death by two young men after she resisted a rape attempt in Muzaffarnagar district, police said onSaturday.
Pinki, a resident of Kacchigarhi village in Muzaffarnagar, 350 kms from state capital Lucknow, was set on fire by her neighbours Pramod and Praveen, in their early 20s, after they failed to rape her on Thursday. The girl received about 70 per cent burn injuries and died Friday.
“Pramod and Praveen abducted Pinki while she was alone in her house. After bringing her to the fields of Garhipukhta locality of the village, the two attempted to rape her. They failed as the girl raised an alarm following which locals started to assemble near the fields. The two then doused Pinki with kerosene and set her on fire,” police inspector Satya Kumar Tyagi Tyagi said the two men, who managed to escape after setting Pinki on fire, have been arrested.
- Caste discrimination in India: Dalit children can't use toilets but have to clean them...
- India's brutal and murderous caste system...
- Husband and four friends in India gang-rape wife to "teach her a lesson!"
- Indian police 'threw pregnant mother from train for failing to pay bribe'
- Chinese waitress who killed would-be rapist freed...
Post a Comment