With the best intentions in the world, Nebraska lawmakers wanted to prevent harm coming to unwanted babies abandoned by their parents, the so-called "dumpster babies".
So, following other US states, they voted for a "safe haven" law.
They passed the briefest of legislation - just two sentences - protecting parents from prosecution if they left a child at a designated hospital.
But it was that single word "child" which had unexpected consequences for them. More...
- China: baby born with 16 toes!!!
- China: man cuts off 12-year-old son's penis.
- Babies being abandoned in South Africa due to rising costs...
- WTF! They throw babies from roofs in India!!
- WTF! Babies dumped "because they were girls..."
Post a Comment