Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wearing a bra causes breast cancer?

Although I am an environmental chemist (Ph.D in biochemistry), I have been doing a lot of literature research on breast cancer since I saw an article on the National Library of Medicine database over a year ago. That article documented an increase in breast cancer rates between women who do wear bras versus those that do not. 

That Harvard study fascinated me and I searched the medical literature for possible explanations. In January 1996, I discovered the book by Singer and Grismaijer and their explanation of impaired lymphatic flow intrigued me. I have since read everything that I can find on lymphatic flow. What I have found has amazed me, but that is another story. I can supply you with lots of info if you like. In essence, what Singer and Grismaijer found was that the odds of getting breast cancer dramatically increased with bra-wearing over 12 hours per day. More...

See also:

  1. British women spend £2,700 on bras in their lifetime...
  2. Ladies, stop drinking coffee!! It reduces your breast size!!!
  3. British chicks have bigger bOObs now!!! wOOw!
  4. Ladies, don't damage your breasts; get the right bra...
  5. A bat finds refuge ... in a teenager's bra!!!
  6. Norma Stitz, the world's biggest natural boobs!!! Mama mia!
  7. 5 things you (probably) didn't know about boobs...

1 comment:

  1. This is just fascinating. I will get the book and read it. Please take a peek at my website - let me know what you think of it. It is relatively new and I am in the process of making it better. Would appreciate your advice.

    Kathleen T. Ruddy, MD
    breasthealthandhealing.org

    ReplyDelete