Saturday, August 20, 2011

Singapore curry, foreigners and a curry, curry night...



Before I begin, let me state that I love my curries and, yes, they are pungent, often overpoweringly so.

Curries are essential to my identity as a Singaporean.

Growing up, my mother’s chicken curry was a highly anticipated meal. It was my mother who taught me how to cook a proper curry before I left for university.

When I moved out with my best friend, a curry was often whipped up in honor of an overseas guest.

Today, as we juggle our busy schedules, a meal at Samy’s Curry is usually the default choice between buddies.

And, yes, in all instances, L'Eau de Curry was a point of contention but the complaints stopped once the eating started. More...

Don't miss:
  1. Singapore's 'anti-Chinese curry war' 
  2. Don McLean singing about Vincent... 
  3. Singapore tightens rules for hiring foreigners...
  4. Nearly one million China nationals living in Singapore?
  5. Pakistani brothers 'dug up corpse and made it into curry'
  6. Taliban released Indian cyclist after he cooked them curry!!!
  7. Girl hypnotised into liking curry!!!
  8. Google and blogger sued by fish head curry restaurant...
  9. Australians protest with 'vindaloo against violence' in solidarity with Indians..

No comments:

Post a Comment