In the latest example of how difficult it has become for women in their late twenties and early thirties to find an eligible man in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, a dating agency has started sending busloads of single women out to country towns, where the ratio of men to women is far more favourable.
The weekend tours, named Thank Goodness He's A Country Boy, involve eight hours of intensive speed dating at a country pub, where lonely farmers are introduced to single city girls.
Brie Petersen came up with the idea after visiting friends in the rural town of Mungindi in Queensland. During a night at the pub, the owner told her that he regularly received letters from single women in Brisbane and Sydney asking him to set them up with farmers. Similar pleas were being sent to the post office, he said. More...
- Australian police crack down on 'boozed-up idoits' and "drunken thugs"
- Australian marries his ... dog!!!
- 2000 women apply to meet 80-year-old Aussie millionaire looking for Korean wife!!!
- India: You want my vote? Get me a bride!!!
- A guide for Japanese women on how to nab a foreign lover!!!
- A Club Med boost for Singapore's low birth rates!!!
- Taiwanese woman can't find a man, so she'll get married ... to herself!!!