Tuesday, November 16, 2010

School in Tanzania needs books. Can you help?

On my first visit to Marombosa, a school teacher asked me, "Do schools in the US have libraries?". I gave some thought to this and let him know that, "Yes, I think all schools have libraries." Unfortunately, this isn't the reality in Tanzania and the Marombosa School doesn’t even own a humble collection of books to call a mini-library. The students have no books to use, and the teachers only have a few. More...

Don't miss:
  1. Aussie pensioner willing to pay $5000 fine for book...
  2. Teachers in Tanzania caned ... again!
  3. My name is Hana and I live in Nigeria...
  4. Adichie: The danger of a single story...
  5. Ethiopia: children learning to read ... from the Donkey Mobile Library!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment