A woman has been arrested in connection with a foul-mouthed racist rant that was caught on camera on a busy tram.
The 34-year-old from New Addington in Croydon, south London, was held on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order offence after a video came to light on YouTube.
The two-minute clip showed a woman insulting passengers while holding a toddler on her lap in a full tram carriage on the Croydon to Wimbledon service in South London.
It quickly spread via Twitter and YouTube, sparking outrage, as the woman in the video could be heard demanding foreign workers "go back to their own country". Full story...
- Ikea boss in Germany sacked for 'pro-Nazi' Facebook posts...
- " Black players should just put up with racism and get on with the game."
- "My skin became dirty and dark like the Tamilians," says US Vice Consul...
- Racist South African mob beats Zimbabwean to death... (Graphic)
- Woman washing herself in New York subway train!!!