A video showing the brutal mob murder of a Zimbabwean man in a Johannesburg shantytown has shocked South Africans and drawn international attention to continuing xenophobic violence against foreigners in the country.
The horrific murder of 26-year-old Farai Kujirichita by an angry mob of residents was caught on camera by a freelance journalist in Diepsloot, a squatter settlement of some 200,000 people in northern Johannesburg.
Kujirichita’s death was the subject of a recent New York Times Magazine story that details his killing by Diepsloot residents angry about crime in their community. But Kujirichita’s only “crime” was to be Zimbabwean and in the wrong place at the wrong time. More...
- Monkey burnt to death in South Africa because "it was talking to people..."
- Pastor with "magic penis" burnt alive in South Africa...
- White farmers 'being wiped out' in South Africa.
- They rape lesbians in South Africa to "cure" them...
- Albinos in Tanzania murdered or raped as AIDS "cure"
- Abused, burned and buried alive: The horrific suffering of Nigeria's child 'witches'