Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Internet privacy practice for preppers...

I have accounts on Gmail, Yahoo mail, Facebook and LinkedIn. Like many people, I have found it convenient to stay logged in to my online accounts with my personal computer. While on LinkedIn a few weeks ago, I was “recommended” a business associate who I had not been in contact with for nearly 10 years. This alarmed me. How did LinkedIn make this association? So, I looked back through my Yahoo mail and found that I had corresponded with this business associate in 2001, via Yahoo mail.

Several weeks later, I was recommended a “friend” on Facebook who was a person I had talked to from a Craigslist post more than two years ago. It was related to a gold mining operation in Nevada, so recognized the individual right away. A positive conversation had ended without any further business relationship. However, what I found so alarming was that all of my correspondence with this individual had long since been “deleted.” There was no physical evidence of a relationship, but Facebook had mined the information from data not even available to me!
 As a computer software professional, I have written applications to interface with Facebook data. There is a lot of information I can obtain about a person who is logged into Facebook and visits a web site application I have control of. I assume the other Internet software providers have similar data available to share. Full story...

Don't miss:
  1. 14 new ways Big Brother govt is watching you...
  2. How Google and Facebook manipulate and determine your searches...
  3. Police state America: TSA begins operations on highways...
  4. An American citizen's chilling "security" misadventure...
  5. Big Brother Germany plants spyware on citizens’ computers...
  6. You're smartphone isn't smart, it's a sneak...
  7. 10 ways the police state is tracking us...
  8. Smartphones: The tracking and surveillance of millions of Americans...
  9. 10 new ways Big Brother govt will be spying on you...

No comments:

Post a Comment