Thursday, March 24, 2011

After 17 deaths, Madagascar domestic workers flee Lebanon...


A plane carrying 86 Madagascan domestic workers, who say they have suffered abuse in Lebanon, has arrived in the capital, Antananarivo.

Madagascar's government chartered the plane following the death of 17 maids in the past year, reports the AFP news agency.

"My boss used to hit me and didn't give me my salary. I'm very, very happy to be back home," said Leonie, 25.

Some 7,000 Madagascans are said to be working in Lebanon. More...

Don't miss:
  1. Foreign domestic workers abused in Lebanon...
  2. Maids in Lebanon: the horrible truth...
  3. Racism in Lebanon: beach clubs, migrants and domestic maids...
  4. Sexual prey in the Saudi jungle...
  5. Filipino maid in Saudi Arabia attacked with acid and stabbed to death... 

No comments:

Post a Comment