Sunday, August 08, 2010

'Cannabis gave me my life back'

Tell someone that you suffer from chronic migraine and you're unlikely to get sympathy in scale to the pain you suffer.

Tell them you've got chronic migraine causing neuro-deficit, plus a small cavernoma with venous angioma and you will understandably get a blank stare. This collection of words is woefully inadequate at conveying the pain that has systematically dismantled my brain and disabled my body, but they are all I have without resorting to illustrations.

(...)

I had two weeks of this beautiful cure, and every day of those two weeks I became stronger. I was able to take up activities long abandoned and sorely missed. The excitement my husband and I felt was palpable. If I took it slowly, I was nearly normal and every minute my brain was taken out of its loop it was being allowed to recover. Personally, this is a joy, but in the bigger picture it could be an economic blessing. If the sick and disabled can benefit from cannabis the benefits would be felt by relieving the strain on the NHS and allowing some patients or carers to return to the workforce. Full story...

Don't miss:

  1. Cannabis eased my autistic son's pain...
  2. The Flower. It's time to decriminalize marijuana...
  3. Devotees at Indian temple smoke ... cannabis???
  4. Swiss psychiatrist fights fear with LSD...
  5. Why is marijuana illegal?
  6. Albert Hofmann: the man who invented "medicine for the soul"

No comments:

Post a Comment