Sunday, May 02, 2010

Why I cancelled my Facebook account...

I canceled my Facebook account because it was lowering my capacity for independent action. I joined Facebook under certain conceptions that it was a somewhat private place. It used to have a clean interface, especially compared to MySpace. And now it seems that there is something every month where they have started to sell or give more of my stuff to some company without my knowledge.

Facebook, used to be fun and cool, but a large part of what I have to do on Facebook now is adapt to their changes on their terms. This is unacceptable to me, especially when I don’t see the website adding significant benefits. More...

Don't miss:

  1. Why Facebook scares the shit out of me...
  2. Privacy chiefs keep a wary eye on Facebook...
  3. Facebook feds go undercover...
  4. Facebook and Twitter cost 'British economy £1.38bn'
  5. Facebook gave millions of users' details to firms...
  6. The teens that unfriend Facebook...
  7. Do you have a Facebook?
  8. Bleak, shallow and repitative: social networking and the...

No comments:

Post a Comment