“Money is not an issue,” said Dimple Anaund, a professional wedding planner. “They want something new, what others have not done, something that puts them one-up on others and is memorable.”
Anaund is the CEO of Silver Twigs, a wedding and events planner in Delhi's swanky Gurgaon suburb, and she has seen it all.
For instance, for a “celebrity night”, a Delhi businessman recently had her fly in from Mumbai not one or two Bollywood stars, but 20 — including the curvaceous Shilpa Shetty — for his daughter's wedding.
“They were flown in one evening just to be there and went back next morning. That alone cost 30 million rupees (RM2.16 million),” she said. More...
- Politicians in India are promising cost-free weddings...
- Lavish party for 3000 guests in India ... inside a jail!!!
- India: You want my vote? Get me a bride!!!
- 10,000 people attend monkey wedding in India...
- Mass wedding brides in India undergo virginity test!!!
- Bride's hysterical laughter at wedding wow mistake!!!