Monday, December 21, 2009

Meet Nora Naraghi, Iran's female motocross champion!!!

Nora Naraghi is barred by her gender from taking a motorcyle out on Iran's roads, but has defied discrimination to become the country's motocross champion.

Born into a family of motorcyclist enthusiasts, where motocross biking is a part of everyday life, Nora was prevented from obtaining a motorcycle licence, so she hit the sandy trails instead.

"I was born into it. I remember I was four when my dad who is a motorcycle champion used to sit me on a little Montesa and let me do circles over and over in front of his motorbike shop," said Nora, who races in the MX2 category. More...

Don't miss:

  1. Zeb and Haniya, the Pakistan girl-band thats...
  2. The Accolade, Saudi Arabia's all-girl rock band!!!
  3. Popular Iranian singer Namjoo gets 5-year jail term...
  4. "We the women", Saudi campaign for women drivers...

No comments:

Post a Comment