Sunday, January 25, 2009

At least they didn't name him "Sue..."

"Come here, Thanatos," called the young father, beckoning to a small boy who had surrendered himself unconditionally to an arcade game.

In my astonishment, I performed a double-take of almost comical magnitude, thereby fumbling my attempt to keep my pinball in play. 

"You named your child Thanatos?" I exclaimed, a blend of puzzlement and pity coloring the question. 

"Yeah," the dad replied, visibly proud of his cleverness. "It means – " 

"I know what it means," I interrupted in what I hoped was a neutral voice. "I just hadn't expected to encounter a child with that name." More...

See also:

  1. Little "Adolf Hitler" and his sisters taken from parents' home...
  2. Why are Georgia and Georgia both named Georgia?
  3. Two chicks with the same name, pitbull cloning, a Mormon kidnapping...
  4. Your parents named you Dow Jones and Indiana Jones???
  5. You just don't name a girl Talula does the Hula!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment