Thursday, October 09, 2008

Not closing our eyes to the war in Iraq...


I projected photographs of mutilated and dead Iraqis on American houses, supermarkets, churches, and parking lots. I was thinking of this new generation of kids who will be traumatized for life by growing up during wartime. It was a desperate gesture: My personal protest for the lack of interest for the non-american victims.

I found the images on the web. Some American soldiers post their own pictures on a website. They would show a cut leg with the caption: “Where's da rest of my shit?” Or a blown up head with the caption: “Needs a hair cut."

I could not help thinking of those images as some kind of restless ghosts that endlessly wander in the intermediate level of the web. I took care of them like a embalmer would; downloading, revamping, printing, rephotographiing, then projecting them as if I was looking for a place where they would rest in peace and at the same time haunt those who pretend not to know what was going on. Click here...

See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment