Thursday, November 09, 2017

Former Pussycat Doll Kaya Jones: The industry used me...

Former Pussycat Doll Kaya Jones is getting closer and closer to the inexorable truth about the music and entertainment industry: They don’t give a damn about musicians. People industry, Jones says, are primarily concerned about making money and getting rich. Pussycat Doll was essentially a front for what Jones herself called “a prostitution ring” because that was exactly what the executives wanted. Jones tweeted:
“I wasn’t in a girl group. I was in a prostitution ring. Oh & we happened to sing & be famous. While everyone who owned us made the $. How bad was it? People ask — bad enough that I walked away from my dreams, bandmates & a 13 million dollar record deal. We knew we were going to #1.
“To be a part of the team you must be a team player. Meaning sleep with whoever they say. If you don’t they have nothing on you to leverage.
“Why don’t we report it? Because we are all abused! I personally have been warned if I tell I will … you know end up dead or no more career. I hope more women & men come out & share their abuse & pain. We must shine a light on this issue in the entertainment business.” Full story...

No comments:

Post a Comment