Saturday, July 15, 2017

Challenges of a blonde Swiss ‘momtrepreneur’ in India...

.Granted, I live in cosmopolitan Bangalore, which is not representative of India. But at the same time, I challenge anyone to find any place in India that can accurately represent it. India is a country as big as the entire European continent. Its population of 1.3 billion is divided into 29 states, each with its own local language, landscape, cuisine and culture.

I don’t feel knowledgeable enough to speak for the rest of the country, but I can definitely alleviate some fears and misconceptions about Bangalore, at the very least.

I grew up a country girl in a village near Lausanne, a city along Lake Geneva. My love for mathematics and computer graphics led me to study and then work at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL). Soon, the person who became my partner in just about everything inspired me to start our own company, Minsh, in 2008.

After a few unsuccessful projects, which led to an utter lack of funding, we both chose to move to India to leverage the “eastern Silicon Valley” at a much more affordable cost. I like to call it our 30-year-old life crisis: we had never been in India before, but needed a radical change. Little did we know how radically it would change our lives forever. Full story...

No comments:

Post a Comment