Thursday, October 20, 2016

Duterte says 'goodbye' to US ties in Beijing...

President Rodrigo Duterte said it was "time to say goodbye" to the US during a visit to China on Wednesday, as the combative leader reconfigures his country's diplomatic alliances.

Duterte is in China for a four-day trip that is expected to confirm his tilt away from Washington and towards Beijing's sphere of influence.

During a speech addressing the Filipino community in Beijing, the firebrand president said the Philippines had gained little from its long alliance with the US, its former colonial ruler.

"Your stay in my country was for your own benefit. So time to say goodbye, my friend," he said, as if addressing the US.

 "I will not go to America anymore. I will just be insulted there," he added, before once again referring to US President Barack Obama as a "son of a whore". Full story...

Related posts:
  1. ‘Do not treat us like a doormat, you’ll be sorry for it’
  2. Duterte to EU, US: Withdraw aid, we will survive...
  3. Philippine leader tells Obama 'go to hell'
  4. Can “The Punisher” withstand America’s punishment?
  5. “I read the condemnation of the EU against me. I will tell them, ‘fuck you.’
  6. Obama cancels meeting with new Philippine president Duterte...
  7. Philippines' Duterte: Obama must listen to me on human rights...

No comments:

Post a Comment