Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Why I ditched my smartphone...

US comedian Ari Shaffir is 15 minutes late for our interview.

"I get lost a lot," he says apologetically. He is in Scotland, performing at the Edinburgh fringe festival.

He couldn't map app his way to the BBC studio because, for the past 20 months, he has been without a smartphone.

In December 2014, Shaffir was growing concerned about the amount of time he was spending using his iPhone - especially on social media - and was considering abandoning his data plan so that he could only access the internet via wi-fi.

"I was noticing a lot of distraction on my part - constantly checking social media, not to mention email and text," he says. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Louis C.K. doesn't want his kids to have a cell-phone...
  2. Smartphones making children borderline autistic, warns expert...
  3. Are our children the next generation of zombies?
  4. How phones are tearing us apart...
  5. Man marries his smartphone in US...
  6. Put down your phone and listen...
  7. I forgot my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment