Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A day in the life of a (Filipino) foreign worker in Singapore...

Welcome to a day in my life as a foreign worker here in Singapore! Let me introduce myself first then we'll continue onto my daily routine.

I have been working here for 2 years in the construction industry. My 2 sisters were entering college and I planned to support both of their education until they graduate. So I packed all my belongings in a huge luggage bag and decided to try my luck here in Singapore. Fortunately, when I landed, I was interviewed on the same day and was hired a week after. The rest is history.

6:30AM
I can never hear my phone's alarm no matter how near my face or how loudly it blares. It's my unfortunate hidden talent. I could probably sleep through anything.

I look at the clock and estimate what part of my morning routine I need to eliminate. Ha! I have time to put on makeup and look human! I rush to take a bath and put on the first clothes I see. More + photos...

Related posts:
  1. A Filipino state of mind...
  2. Is Singapore a racist country?
  3. Filipinos trapped in their own country...
  4. Filipino in Singapore who made ‘xenophobic, inflammatory’ remarks...
  5. This is what a Filipino birthday lunch looks like!!!
  6. The country training people to leave...

No comments:

Post a Comment