Wednesday, December 09, 2015

My excellent adventure attempting to get my cell phone charger port replaced...

I hold the view that across any sector, there is something of a bell curve when it comes to competence in a field, be it doctors, lawyers, whatever.

Some are terrible, some are okay and some are superior and have mastered their field. Depending upon what you are looking for, you can use professionals at different points along the bell curve.

If I have a cold and know exactly what medication I want to relieve it and it is a prescription medication, I have no problem going to a total incompetent, as long as he is cheap, has a prescription pad and will write on the pad what I tell him. For a more serious illness, I will only deal with someone further along the bell curve. If it is very serious, I will hunt until I find someone I consider superior and to the far right on the bell curve.

Which brings me to a recent problem I had with my cell phone charger port. My basic method of dealing with anything mechanical is to jam it until the problem is solved, or until it breaks. I jammed my cell phone charger port until it broke.

 I first began noticing a problem with my cell phone port more than a week ago. The charger would slip out of the phone's port occasionally. I happened to be in a mall when I passed by a cellphone repair kiosk. I asked the repairman there to take a look at it. He played around with it, put his own charger into the port, and pronounced that  there was nothing wrong with the port that I needed a new charger. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Confessions of the last human being without a mobile phone...
  2. High school girl's iPhone catches fire in pants pocket, causes second-degree burns...
  3. Samsung tries to silence user whose S4 caught fire, it doesn't go over well...
  4. Man reportedly electrocuted while using iPhone...
  5. Life without a cell-phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment