Monday, October 05, 2015

Beatings, Bagram and the hell of 'Gitmo'

I was first detained in Afghanistan in December 2001 by Afghan villagers, before being turned over to Northern Alliance irregulars. I was then sold for a bounty to the United States forces. I was flown by helicopter to Bagram Air Force Base. I arrived there on or around Christmas Eve in 2001. I have been detained in US custody continuously ever since.

I was abused by the US military from the day I arrived. I had to strip naked in front of 15 people or more, who were just standing watching me squat, and frisked at arrival. They put me in a cage with barbed wire around it. It was in a big hangar, and there were large cages on either side of a walkway. I had to use a hole in the ground with two big doors on the top of it as a toilet and I had to use one hand to clean myself.

There was no water allowed and all the MPs [military police guards] were watching me, both male and female. They would point their M-16 rifles at me while I used the toilet and force me to get up before I finished. Sometimes they refused to let us use the hole so I ended up peeing on myself.

Beating was common. Once, after a few days of sleep deprivation, they took me to the interrogation room. Intelligence team members started coming one after another until the room was full, with perhaps ten or more people there. One of them was a British agent. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Frankie Boyle goes on hunger strike to support Shaker Aamer...
  2. Bagram: The other Guantanamo...
  3. Exposed: 'Auschwitz-like' US death camp hospital in Kabul...
  4. Bagram in Afghanistan, another Guantanamo...
  5. Bagram in Afghanistan, worse than Guantanamo?
  6. Day 150: Gitmo hunger strike continues amidst world’s outrage...

No comments:

Post a Comment