Friday, November 14, 2014

Passenger stung with $1,200 wifi bill for checking email and uploading files on Singapore Airlines flight!!!

A Canadian traveller received a nasty surprise when he was hit with a sky-high $1,200 (£750) bill after using on-board wifi on a Singapore Airlines flight.

Toronto businessman Jeremy Gutsche said he was shocked when he saw the charges and accused the airline of ripping off passengers who connect their devices to do work or just pass the time on a long-haul journey.

He said he racked up $1,200 in charges with just 155 page views, mostly to his email, and a file upload.

The CEO of Trend Hunter wrote on his blog: ‘I know this because for the first time I counted up my page views to see where all the dollars went.

‘I wish I could blame an addiction to NetFlix or some intellectual documentary that made me $1,200 smarter.

‘However, the Singapore Airlines internet was painfully slow, so videos would be impossible and that means I didn’t get any smarter… except about how to charge a lot of money for stuff. I did learn that.’ Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Young entrepreneur uses $23,000 worth of air miles to travel on most luxurious flight...
  2. Air turbulence created chaotic meatime mess on Singapore Airlines flight! 
  3. Singapore girl's charms fade as airline battle heats up...
  4. Singapore Airlines pilot refused heart attack passenger's plea to land'
  5. A Pakistan Airlines delay leads to a near mutiny...
  6. 10 surprising secrets of modern airliners...

No comments:

Post a Comment