Sunday, November 09, 2014

In 8 years, he has not taken a single day off...

In the last eight years, this government employee from Madhya Pradesh has not taken a single day off. Dr Bharat Bajpai, the head of the Mortuary in a government hospital in Indore, and two of his team members earned a special mention in the Limca Book of Records in 2011 for not taking a single day off for 1,200 days.

Three years later, Dr Bajpai continues to work without taking a single day off. He is the head of the Mortuary in the city's Gobind Ballabh Pant Government Hospital. In a career spanning two decades, he has conducted over 10,000 postmortems.

"We should be as useful as possible I believe, we should help people as much as we can. I have never worked with the expectation of any post, reward or honour. I do not even have a name plate at my home. I never seek any publicity for what I do; it is all God's will," he said.

But the infrastructure of the mortuary at this hospital is not quite as high as the commitment level of the team running it. The post-mortems are conducted in a room which used to be a public toilet. Another room, in which post-mortems are supposed to be conducted, has not been constructed completely. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Japanese restaurant chain ordered to pay £320,000 in damages for overtime suicide...
  2. The little girl, her dad's day off and Google...
  3. Fuck work: our jobs are still killing us...
  4. Rise of the 'super workers' who never take time off...
  5. The world's hardest working countries. Insane!!
  6. Retired LA teacher is teaching again ... for free!!!
  7. I hate my job, I hate my job, I hate my job – what many think but won't tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment