Wednesday, October 15, 2014

My 24 hours with a virtual girlfriend in China...

When I first came across a "virtual lover" service on e-commerce site Taobao, China's version of Amazon, I thought it was hype.

For an average of 20 yuan ($3) per day, it claimed you could hire a boyfriend or girlfriend to talk on the phone or chat online to make you feel like you're in love.

The service varies but it includes wake-up calls, text and voice messages, phone calls and goodnight wishes.

As the largest online shopping platform in China, Taobao vendors sell anything they can think of as long as it's not illegal.

Usually I would be skeptical about such a service but I was drawn to a comment left by one "virtual girlfriend" enthusiast.

"It was awesome -- she shared my happiness and cheered me up when I was down. She has a beautiful voice, and an intelligent mind... I so don't want to leave her." Full story...

Related posts:
  1. "I'm happily married to a doll."
  2. In Japan, real men go to hotels with their virtual girlfriends!!!
  3. Japan: OMG! Japanese chicks go for virtual boyfriends (Webkare)...
  4. Medical sex worker for the handicapped in Japan...
  5. Japan’s first masturbation bar for women opens in Shibuya...

No comments:

Post a Comment